Get Educated on the Project
NRG Thomaston to Torrington Routing Study
This is the main page for the project that affects the use of the Thomaston Dam
- The Thomaston Dam is the only trail system in Connecticut that allows riding for ATV registered off highway vehicles (OHV). Only two-wheel motorcycles are allowed.
- The State of Connecticut passed a law in 1986 that required that State land shall be used for motorized use. They’ve never complied.
- There are more than 26,000 motorcycles that are being used off highway in Connecticut.
- This is not the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers or the State of Connecticut. There’s no reason to be mad at them.
- New York and New Jersey have no public trails for OHV and many riders travel long distances to enjoy the Thomaston Dam.